ABOUT THE GLOBAL HEALTH ALLIANCE AUSTRALIA
We are an innovative and trusted Alliance of member organisations based in Australia, which drives change through specialist advice and expertise; influence and advocacy; connections and networking; and, collaboration and investment.
To advance sustainable development through improved health equity and health security in our region
Formed in 2016, Global Health Alliance Australia, based in Melbourne (GLHAM), cultivates a comprehensive perspective of the regional global health ecosystem and identifies non-traditional partnerships that individual organisations and institutions often can’t do. These strategic connections impact over the long term to:
- provide a platform for the identification of new partnerships, joint ventures and professional relationships
- enhance the capability and capacity of Australian-based global health and development organisations through creative convergence and collaboration
- establish communities of practice across silos in global health
- profile Australia as the global health and sustainable development hub in our region
- build the capacity of the sector and drive sectoral reform and disruption
- support the Alliance as a credible and respected voice
Our approach to building more effective organisations and the capacity of the sector is aligned to a longer term vision for more equitable and improved global health outcomes – mirroring the goals of similar organisations such as the Washington Global Health Alliance while at the same time forging our own alliances to combat other areas in global health.
The Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) is the peak Council for Australian not-for-profit aid and development organisations. The Global Health Alliance Australia is an Affiliate Member and shares ACFID’s Vision of a world where all people are free from extreme poverty, injustice and inequality and where the earth’s finite resources are managed sustainably.
Want to Join The Alliance?
Many entities from a diverse range of sectors are currently on board, and your organisation is welcome to join too, to add your expertise and to benefit from our services. Interested? Find out more.